City Services During Closure

Until April 5, 2020, the City of McAlester has closed a number of offices and buildings to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our community. Here are resources to ensure you can still access the departments you need to conduct business.

Utility Billing
Municipal Courts
  • To contact the Municipal Court Office about a court date or payment, please call 918-421-4939 or pay online.
Permits and Inspections
  • To inquire about a building permit, building inspection, contractor licenses or for inspections to connect gas service or electrical service, call Bob Thornton at 918-429-4989 or Justin Grantham at 918-424-1224.
  • If you need to pay for permits, inspections, contractor licenses, or planning applications, please call the utility office at 918-423-9300 ext. 4952. 
Zoning and Occupancy Letters
  • For zoning verifications, OMMA Certificate of Occupancies, ABLE Commission letters, or Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle & Parts Commission verification letters, contact Jayme Clifton at 918-421-0017 or
City Clerk
Water, Sewer, or Street Problems 
  • To report water, sewer, or other public works problem, call the Utility Maintenance Department at 918-423-9300 ext. 4990.
Senior Nutrition Program
  • To access information about the Senior Nutrition Program, call 918-424-8012.
Finance and Accounts Payable
Public Information
Need other assistance? Call our main line at 918-423-9300 and use the automated system or you can report a problem online.