APPEAL - INTERPRETATION - VARIANCE APPLICATION
CITY OF McALESTER
Department of Planning
28 E. Washington
THE PROCEDURE IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. Application for appeal, interpretation or variance may be obtained from the City of McAlester, Department of Planning.
2. Complete the application and submit it and any other required material, along with the filing fee of$45.00 payable to the City of McAlester. (This is a non-refundable filing fee). The application must be submitted by 5 :00 p.m. at least twenty (20) days prior to the next meeting of the Board.
The Board of Adjustment meets monthly on the fourth Monday at 4:00 p.m,. in the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building located at 28 E. Washington.
In addition to the filing fee, expenses ( certified letters and publication) related to this application will be billed to you and must be paid before the scheduled hearing date.
3. The application must include the names and addresses of all property owners within 300 feet of the exterior boundaries of the property requested for Interpretation or Variance. The names and addresses must be from a record search done by an abstractor, abstract office or other qualified persons.
4. Legal notice of your request will be published in the McAlester News-Capital (as required by state law) and every property owner within 300 feet of the request will be notified of your application by certified mail.
5. At the next scheduled Board of Adjustment meeting for which your application has met the deadline, your request will be considered at an official public hearing. YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE MUST BE PRESENT AT TIDS MEETING.
The Board will hear discussion from you or your representative and any interested citizens concerning your request. At the conclusion of this discussion, the Board will either approve or deny the appeal or variance. A concurring vote of 4 of the 5 members will be required.
If you need assistance in completing the application, the Department of Planning will be happy to assist you.
McAlester Board of Adjustment
Notice of appeal (interpretation or variance)
The following information to be supplied by Applicant: