Application for Naming, Renaming a Public Facility, Street or Avenue
CITY OF McALESTER
DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING
IF YOU DESIRE TO HAVE A PUBLIC FACILITY, STREET OR AVENUE NAMED OR RENAMED, THE PROCEDURE IS AS FOLLOWS:
Please fill out payment information at the bottom of form. We only accept credit card/debit card that are a Visa or Mastercard at this time.
1. Application for street or avenue naming or renaming may be obtained from the City of McAlester, Department of Planning.
2. Complete the application and submit it and other required information along with the filing fee (non-refundable). The application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the next meeting of the Planning Commission. The Commission meets the third Tuesday of each month.
3. At the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting, your request will be considered at an official Public Hearing. YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE MUST BE PRESENT AT THIS MEETING! The Commission will hear discussion from you or your representative and others at the Public Hearing. At the conclusion of this discussion the Commission, by majority vote will recommend that your request either be approved or denied.
4. A recommendation to approve the request will be put in resolution form and submitted to the City Council for action. The City Council meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. At this meeting, the official resolution will be introduced and action will be taken. The street or avenue is not officially named or renamed until the Council takes action.
5. Filing fee is $50.00 plus the actual cost of newspaper publication. You must pay the $50.00 at the time application is filed. You will be then be billed for the cost of the newspaper publication.