- Working together to ensure the City Council, City Manager, and city staff serve the community with openness and integrity
- Providing professional and courteous customer service
- Ensuring the legislative process including the City Council, authority, and committee meetings are open and public
- Providing access to complete and accurate public information
- Reporting and preserving the history of the City in a fair and impartial manner
The city clerk maintains all official city papers, records, public documents, minutes, and files of the City Council, boards, trusts and commissions; and publishes ordinances, notices, agendas, and other public documents.
The city clerk keeps the minutes of council proceedings and with the mayor signs and attests all ordinances and resolutions and is the official custodian of the city seal.
Minutes of each City Council meeting are approved by the City Council at their next regularly scheduled meeting and will be posted thereafter.
Municipal & Zoning Codes
The City of McAlester Municipal and Zoning Codes are the codified version of all ordinances adopted by the McAlester City Council and / or the voters of the City of McAlester. It is the legal code of the City.
The city clerk also receives all lawsuits, protests, appeals, and bids; coordinates city elections with the Pittsburg County Election Board.
The city clerk schedules all activities in the Choctaw Parking Lot and coordinates with the city manager’s executive assistant to schedule all meetings in the Council Chambers and conference room.
The city clerk also supervises the receptionist area of City Hall.