The City of McAlester relies on sales tax collections for operations. All ad valorem (property) taxes are designated for Pittsburg County Services.
- State Sales Tax: 4.5%
- County Sales Tax: 1.5%
- City of McAlester Sales Tax: 4%
- General Operating 2.0%
- Dedicated Sales Tax (Bond Payments) 1.0%
- Infrastructure 0.50%
- McAlester Public Schools 0.125%
- McAlester Regional Health Center Cancer Center 0.125%
- Water Line Improvement Project 0.25%
For information about property taxes, please visit the Pittsburg County website.