Apply for a Burn Permit
To apply for a City of McAlester Fire Department Burn Permit, please fill out the following online form or download a PDF form here.
This burn permit is authorized subject to the following terms and conditions and will not be activated until the applicant makes phone contact with the City of McAlester Fire Department for final approval on the day of the actual burn.
- ONLY NATURAL VEGETATION SHALL BE BURNED. The fire shall not contain any lumber, rubber products, asphalt products, petroleum products, plastic, garbage, dead animals, or any waste material that emits smoke or creates offensive odors.
- Fires purposely set for land clearing operations are conducted at least 500 feet downwind of any occupied residence other than those located on the property on which the burning is conducted.
- There shall be no burning under power lines or within 50 feet from any structure.
- Must have a minimum of one adult in attendance at all times while burning.
- For LARGE SIZE BURNS, construct a fire break 15 feet wide down to mineral soil completely around the material to be burned. For SMALL SIZE BURNS, mow, rake, and wet down 15-foot perimeter.
- Only one pile shall be burned at any one time.
- The initial burning shall begin 3 hours after sunrise and 3 hours before sunset and additional fuel shall not be intentionally added to the fire at times outside these time limits.
- The Burn Permit shall be at the location of the fire.
- No fire shall be allowed during meteorological conditions conducive to the buildup of air contaminants.
- The air contaminants emitted from the outdoor fire shall not be in sufficient quantities, and of such characteristics and duration as is or is likely to be injurious to human health, plant or animal life, or property, or which unreasonably interferes with enjoyment of life and property.
- Applications may be completed by calling 918-423-9300 ext. 4932 or by submitting this application electronically at www.cityofmcalester.com. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30-5:30.
- Payment must be made by calling 918-423-9300 ext. 4952 before your permit is approved.