Do offenders have the right to live where they want to live?
Oklahoma Sex Offender Registration Act states it is unlawful for a sex offender to reside within a 2,000 foot radius of any public or private school site, educational institution, playground, park, or childcare facility. Violations may be punished as a misdemeanor with a fine not to exceed $3,000. A second or subsequent violation shall be punished by incarceration for one year in county jail in addition to such fines.
Does it cost anything for a copy of the police report?
  • Accident Reports are $1 per page
  • Offense Reports are $0.25 per page
  • Certification of copies are $3
  • Search by computer $25 per hour

Document search fees:
  • 15 minutes or less is $5
  • 16 to 30 minutes is $11
  • 31minutes to one hour is $25

There will be additional charges for:
Copies of video and / or audio recordings depending on the media usedPostage and handling

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
You will have to come to the Police Department located at 301 E. Carl Albert Parkway. Bring the following: name of the victim, time of the incident, date of the incident, and location of the incident.
How do I pay a ticket?
You will need to see the Municipal Court Clerk, at 301 E. Carl Albert Parkway, McAlester, OK 74501, or online.
How do I get my car out of impound?
The registered owner or driver must bring the following to the McAlester Police Department at 301 E. Carl Albert Parkway: proof of ownership to the vehicle in impound, photo identification of the owner or driver, proof of an up to date tag from the vehicle in impound, insurance, and a valid driver’s license. You will then get a release for the impounded vehicle. We will release a vehicle to lien holders or repossession companies.
How long does a sex offender have to register with law enforcement in Oklahoma?
In the State of Oklahoma, habitual and / or aggravated offenders must register every 90 days for the rest of their life. All other sexual offenders must register during their probation and for 10 consecutive years after the completion of their probation.
What number do I call to make a non-emergency report?
For non-emergencies, call (918) 423-1212.
What should I do if I'm involved in a collision?
Stay at the scene. Call the police and exchange driver information.
Where is the McAlester Police Department?
The McAlester Police Department is located in the Carl Albert Building at 301 E. Carl Albert Parkway, McAlester, OK, 74501.
Whom do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?
All information about people in jail can be obtained from calling McAlester Police Department at (918) 423-1212.
Whom do I complain to about an officer?
You need to contact the shift captain or chief of police at (918) 423-1212.