Landfill & Refuse Collection
Located at 256 Mitchell Road north of Highway 270, the landfill is open to City of McAlester residents only. You will need to present your water bill to confirm residency within the McAlester City limits.
The landfill hours of operation are 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on the second Saturday of each month. In accordance with the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality requirements, all loads brought to the landfill shall be covered.
Trailers will be allowed, with the following conditions being met:
- Trailers which are 12 feet long, or less, will be allowed on the working face of the landfill
- Trailers greater than 12 feet long will be provided a roll-off container for disposal of acceptable waste
- Trailers transporting tree limbs and yard waste are required to be covered and secured with rope
- Trailers transporting tree limbs only will not be limited as to length
McAlester Recycling Center
The McAlester Recycling Center is a drop off facility located at 301 E. Polk Avenue in McAlester is currently closed to due staffing and down-stream service issues from the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back later for details on when the center may reopen.
Please note that due to COVID-19 concerns, Republic Services is not currently picking up any waste that is placed outside of trash bins.
In accordance with the Allied Waste Contract with the City of McAlester, and to ensure pick up of yard waste, the following procedures should be followed:
- For yard waste collection services, grass, pine needles, leaves, flowers, stalks, stems, and small tree trimmings (less than 2 feet in length and less than 2 inches in diameter) shall be in a container, bag or box the weight of which shall not exceed 35 pounds.
- Larger tree trimmings shall be laid neatly in bundled piles at curbside, weighing no more than 35 pounds. Branches in excess of 2 feet in length may, but are not required to be, in a container, bag, or box.
- Allied Waste shall be obligated to collect no more than 3 additional bags per week from each household. As an alternative to accepting three bags per week of yard waste, Allied Waste, at its sole discretion, may provide one additional polycart free of charge to facilitate operational efficiency.