Swimming Pool Permit Application
CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR SWIMMING POOLS INSTALLED WITHIN CITY LIMITS OF McALESTER
According to Sec. 62-276(i) and building codes, private swimming pools capable of holding water levels over twenty-four inches (24”) deep the following requirements apply:
1. Obtain Pool Permit; Above-ground ($30.00), Under-ground ($50.00)
2. A fence with minimum height of four (4) feet and a self latching gate shall comply with International Residential Code, Appendix G.
3. One (1) skimmer required for each 1,000 sq. ft. of pool surface area or for any fraction of 1,000 sq. ft.
4. Pool walls shall not be closer than six (6) feet from side or rear property lines; or closer than ten (10) feet from street property line.
5. Pool water shall be free of cross connections with residential water supply.
6. All outdoor water hydrants used to replenish pool supply shall be equipped with back-flow preventer/anti-siphoning device to eliminate possibility of contaminating residential water lines.
7. All wiring shall comply with National Electrical Code.