Construction Permit Application
The following information is provided to assist you in obtaining your Construction Permit. This information sheet is not intended to cover the Code Requirements, but is only a guideline to obtaining your permit. Design review and inspection of building elements shall be in accordance with the following standard Building Codes:
Building = international Building Code, 2015 Edition
International Residential Code, 2015 Edition
International Existing Building Code, 20 I 5 Edition
Plumbing = International Plumbing Code, 2015 Edition
Electrical = National Electrical Code, 2014 Edition and amendments
Mechanical = International Mechanical Code, 2015 Edition
International Fuel Gas Code, 2015 Edition
A construction permit is required whenever any building is constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, demolished, or the occupancy of a building or structure is changed within the City of McAlester, and shall be obtained before any work is started. THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE APPLICATION FOR REVIEW:
1. Building permit applications shall be accompanied by construction documents prepared and stamped
by a licensed and/or registered Oklahoma design professional where required by 59 O.S. 46 State Architectural and Registered Interior Designers Act. At least two sets of construction plans must be submitted. Plans shall include at minimum- floor plan, electrical plan,
plumbing location, mechanical plan along with footing, stem wall, and slab details.
5. A residential drainage plan with mean sea level elevations showing all finished Grading improvements
2. If construction documents from a Design Professional are not required, Building Permit applications shall be accompanied by building plans that are dimensioned and drawn upon suitable material. Construction documents shall be of sufficient clarity to indicate the location, nature and extent of the work proposed and show in detail that it will conform to the provisions of the building code and relevant laws, ordinances, rules
and regulations, as determined by the code administrator. At least two sets of plans which include at minimum - floor plan, electrical plan, plumbing location, mechanical plan along with footing, stem wall, and slab details.
3. A plot plan, to scale with all dimensions figured. The plot plan must show the exact size of lot and the location of the proposed and existing buildings on the lot. It must also include the exact locations and size of all driveways and parking spaces. The plot plan may be placed on
the survey required in #3.
4. A survey with existing topography, corners and all existing easements. The survey must be tied to a mean sea level Benchmark as identified on FIRM Map 400170, revised 07/22/2010, for zone AE and Zone X encroachments. Bench marks known to Registered Land Surveyors may
be applied to Zone AE and Zone X as it is identified by Fl RM 400170, revised 07 /22/20 I 0. ASSUMED BENCH MARKS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. The lowest finished floor elevation must be provided for all proposed structures. The survey must be stamped and signed
by a Registered Land Surveyor.
and showing how all sheet-flow run-off will be controlled. A finished grading and Drainage Plan with mean sea level elevations for Commercial construction sealed and stamped by a registered Professional Architect/Engineer shall be required.
The required permits and inspection fees must be paid PRIOR TO THE ISSUANCE OF THE CONSTRUCTION PERMIT. The following fee
schedule is provided for your information. The fees presented here are for new construction. Remodeling and / or repair cost will be figured
by the department based on the area being remodeled or repaired, and the activities involved and the number of inspections required.
|CONSTRUCTION||$ 0.17/sq. ft||$ 0.17/sq. ft.|
|(minimum $30.00)||(minimum $40.00|
|ELECTRICAL||$ 0.06/sq. ft.||$ 0.06/sq. ft.|
|PLUMBING||$ 0.06/sq. ft.||$ 0.06/sq. ft.|
|MECHANICAL||$ 0.04/sq. ft.||$ 0.04/sq. ft.|
|FIRE INSPECTION & PLAN REVIEW||$ 0.02/sq. ft.|
|CONNECTION TO EXISTING TAP||$100.00||$100.00|
We hope this information will assist you in your proposed project. If you have any questions, please stop by or call (918) 423-9300.
Director, Extension 4951
Building Inspector, Extension 4985
Plumbing, Electrical & Mechanical Inspector, Extension 4987
Senior Engineer Technician, Extension 4994
Environmental Programs Coordinator, Extension 4995
APPLICATION FOR PLAN EXAMINATION AND CONSTRUCTION PERMIT
IMPORTANT - Applicant to complete all items in sections: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 9