City Services & Departments
The City of McAlester is comprised of several departments to meet the needs of the citizens of the community.
- The Public Works & Utility Maintenance Department includes environmental programs, engineering, McAlester Regional Airport, building maintenance, traffic control, fleet maintenance, landfill, streets, and wastewater treatment.
- The Community & Economic Development Department includes planning and zoning, building inspection, economic development, and code enforcement.
- The Finance Department includes payroll, purchasing, accounting, human resources, utility billing, safety and risk management, information technology, and the municipal court system.
- The Community Services Department includes parks & recreation, swimming pools, public facilities, senior nutrition & transportation, and cemeteries.
- The McAlester Police Department includes all patrol officers, animal control, emergency communications, and the criminal investigation division.
- The McAlester Fire Department includes firefighting, emergency medical services, and the fire marshal.
- The City Manager's Department oversees and assists all other departments and includes tourism, grants & public information, and paralegal.